Old 11-27-2011, 10:26 AM
valsma

Wow, what a tough spot you've been put in. One thing I don't recall seeing, is exactly how old is your daughter? Is she old enough to understand if you didn't have a "nice" divorce this may really be causing you some discomfort.

I don't know if I could do what you're being asked but I think for my daughters sake I would give it a try. Prehaps you can just advise her on picking the fabrics, pattern and even show her the proper way to sew it but let her know you are there to share your knowledge but that is as involved as you will be in making the quilt. At least she asked you to help her make it, not to actually make it for them. You will at least have all this wonderful and quality time to spend with your daughter as well as being able to share with her you love of quilting.
My son still does stuff with his ex and her new husband for his sons sake. He is much more forgiving than I am. The ex cheated with the new husband while they were married and he was my sons best friend. My son said for his son he will swallow his pride to make things friendly so his son is not caught in the middle.

Last edited by valsma; 11-27-2011 at 10:36 AM.