View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 07:24 PM
cathyvv

Default Grand nephew visits - another quilt made

My darling grand nephew (DGN) (9) visited over the Thanksgiving weekend. He wanted to make a quilt for his 4 year old brother. When we started it, he asked me when it got warm again because he wanted his brother to be able to use it this winter. He wasn't being 'smart' or anything like that - he just knows I've been working on his quilt for a year and it's not done yet. I guess he wanted it before his brother grew to manhood!

For speed, we settled on the speedy single 4-patch, which he sewed up. Then I skipped as many steps of the sandwiching and quilting as possible, and was absolutely certain it would be a disaster. I even forgot to measure it (length and width) before I put it on the quilt frame! Thank God for the flexible metal retracting tape measures!!!! I made a few mistakes, told my DGN and told him I could fix them but the quilt wouldn't be ready when I took him home. The mistakes are still in the quilt....

I 'speed bound' the quilt with a binding that didn't match - DGNs choice - HE REALLY WANTED IT DONE!

Pics are of him and his older brother showing it off. It turned out fairly well, considering the level of effort. What's important is that he was happy with it.
Attached Thumbnails pict0159.jpg   pict0160.jpg   pict0161.jpg   pict0162.jpg