View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 04:42 AM
MrsBoats

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
It may well be nicotine - it does come off - Gojo or sewing machine oil will help... I got the Gojo from the dollar store for $2. How do you like that 1/4" foot?
I LOVE the 1/4" foot! On my Pfaff, 1/4" is what I get when the needle is all the way to the right, measured to the edge of the foot. Can I keep it there? Heck no! This one, though, makes it SO EASY it's ridiculous. My piecing has improved tremendously. (I know, I sound like an infomercial.) So much so that I got that same 1/4" foot for every machine I've got, so I don't have to keep moving the same foot around from machine to machine.

Since everyone has recced Gojo, I tried some on the top of the machine, well away from the decals, and only made minor progress-not a lot of anything came off, nor does my test spot look any different than the rest of the body. Therefore I'm going to assume that the bare spot on the bed is missing varnish, not tar. In regards to that, is there anything I can do to further protect the decals? Can I hit it with clear varethane, for instance? I don't think it warrants a complete repaint (nor can I afford it right now anyway) but I'd like to do what I can to keep the damage from getting worse and taking the decals with it.