View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 05:14 AM
toadmomma

I use to be, but I learned that if I wanted to do it all you have to be organized. First i make a list of all that has to be done cookies baked , tree up etc. then i put them in order, cookies should be done by thanksgiving and frozen, tree up at a certain time. the list ends with things I 'd like to do but arent that important. and I end with a date preferably a week before xmas. and whats not done doesnt get done, no one misses it. i start buying or making presents jan and pick items up thoughout the year on sale ending that in July. Wrapped and put away or boxed and labled to ship out in Nov or DEC 1st. that way every thing isnt left to the last month of the holiday. Also when putting up or taking down xmas decorations go though them then and fix or sort out the lights that dont work etc. so they are not put back to bother you next year. his way I get to enjoy the holidays along with every one else. If your having a party deligate some of the food items to others to make, You dont have to do it all. And the most important thing is that nothing is perfect like in the movies. ont want to make all those cookies have a cookie swap. Have family over to help decorate, a decorating pre party. Just enjoy