Old 11-28-2011, 05:55 PM
jacquie

hello there 'jates', i enjoyed reading this! you sound like you had 'fun'? with joy, blood, sweat and tears along the way! a real learning curve huh?

i really can't wait to start mine... i ordered my cream 'kona' fabric a few weeks ago from the USA, it should be here very soon... then i can play little!!

i'm doing mine as a 'trip around the world' with cream background and batiks... i'm actually wondering if i should have got a white background! mmmm...

if anyone wants to swap 10yards of cream for white 'kona', let me know! lol...
Originally Posted by Jates View Post
I'll try to follow along with this group! I slowly followed along with the last one...then had a problem with my background fabric...discovered after making about 35 blocks!!! UGH! Well anyway I've made about 50 blocks with my new background fabric. I had been going by the original schedule- then it just seemed to out of whack for me so I started making them by rows. So I now have A,B, and C done and random others. I'm thinking about trying the QAYG method. I have also come to the conclusion that a Dear Jane quilt isn't about what you know starting out...but what you learn as you go! Noone should be afraid to make this quilt- each block is an opportunity to learn something new. I've done hand applique curved seems and Y seems- and I'm getting better at each as I go along- it's not so scary anymore! I'll post some samples of my "lessons learned" for a good laugh! gotta get to work! Happy sewing!