View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 05:17 AM
romanojg

Like most I used to be; it's easier now that my kids are older but I still have grandkids to do for. They are my focus. I don't get elaborate gifts; they get so many things that they forget who got them what and alot of things get pushed a side. I feel good once I've gotten them at least one thing each then if I find something else I want to get that doesnt break my limited budget I get it. I get for my grown kids when I can and if I find something that I know that will make them happy. This year my daughter has been wanting clothes so I gave her my JC Penny card and a set a limit. She's already picked out what she wants and they are at my house for my to wrap or rather put in gift bags from the $ store. I bake as I have time. The one thing that is mandatory to bake is our traditional spumonte cake; for my daughter that puts her in Christmas spirit; it is a must to have. I also make biscotti for some of my friends and family. My tree is up already and if I get any other decorations up I will, if I don't oh well, that's not what it's all about. I'm very excited about one thing. Several years ago we lost a lot of decorations that had been always put up since my kids were little. It was hard on them. Yesterday one of the favorite Disney ones that was lost and impossible to find since it was over 20yrs old showed up on CL. I'm going tomorrow to look at it; it is over 1 1/2 hours away and it is so worth it. I told the lady as long as it does work I want it for sure (it's only $20) no questions about that. I'm so excited it's hard not to tell my daughter. Thanks for listening and I hope everyone tries to do things to reduce the stress that is put on durning this season. I have less money this season than I can remember in over 20yrs but I'm not stressing about things that don't get bought or things that don't get done. I just want to focus on the joy of the season.