Old 11-29-2011, 05:56 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by mlsa View Post
Hi Everybody

I just found this site the other day and love it. I also just found this thread and have been reading it since 6:00 am this morning. I posted the following in the vintage section and got some great info on the machine but thought maybe someone would know more about it here also. Forgive me if I shouldn't have posted it twice.

This past weekend my mother gave me a 1952 Premier Sewing Machine. It's a dark green with etched plates on front and back with a built in lamp on the back. I can't find a lot of info on it. I do know it was made over seas and supposedly suppose to be heavy duty. One of the ladies said it was a Japanse 15 clone.

If anyone can give me any info on it I would appreciate it. I would really like to have instructions on how to thread it and the bobin. Like an idiot we left it at my mom's by mistake when we were packing and now I've got a 5 hour drive to go back and get it. I'm really looking forward to spending hours here catching up on all the great info.

I love the green machine! Yes, it is a Japanese 15 clone! You won't be able to date your machine, but by the face plate it was probably made sometime between 1945 and 1960! Here is a manual. http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...ion-manual.pdf

Nancy