View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 06:11 AM
Corry

I started out machine quilting and never had an interest in learning to hand quilt until my quilting group was making a quilt to raffle off for the Food Pantry in our community. I felt I should learn and do my share on this quilt we were making but never thought I would actually enjoy it. Well, I REALLY love hand quilting! So glad I had a reason to learn and discover I enjoy it. I am hand quilting a christmas quilt for my daughter and as I work on this am finding that it may be difficult to part with the quilt when the time comes...lol. It has horses and ponies, little dogs and cats, sheep and a snowy farm scene all decorated for Christmas. I am hand quilting around all the little animals and quilting the ouline of the barn etc. It is like a little story but I don't know if my daughter will ever look at it closely and let it tell her the story....lol. Anyway, I am really enjoying hand quilting this quilt. I still do machine quilting on certain things. I made a quilt for my father in law that is about 84yrs old and did not want to take the time for hand quilting, all I could think of is he might pass away before I finished it and had a chance to give it to him so I machine quited his quilt. I don't think I could ever enjoy FMQ near as much as I enjoy hand quilting.....it frustrated me but I keep trying... Corry