View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by borntoquilt
Wow! That turned out GREAT despite your frustration. I was showing the gals @ quilting my Dresden plate top the other day. UH OH! The corner on point square was sewn differently than the others. Sooo... I spent the time yesterday taking as little of the border out as necessary, then ripped all 4 seams out and when I went to put it in the CORRECT way. It was not ON POINT anymore!! WHAT THE HECK!!!! Turns out I didn't get the PLATE part going the same direction as the other 15.. Soooooo, had to take THAT all apart, too! I HATE TO RIP!!! I would get the mallet out BUT this WAS "quilter" error and not "Fabric" error!! And after all--- who is in CHARGE HERE.. Who's the quilter and whos the FABRIC, right???? Nobody is perfect so why do we try so hard to be???? Still frustrating.. I am sooooo glad I noticed this before putting all the borders on and QUILTING it..... Would have been a RAG for sure....

I have done that! Got the hotpad all done and quilted and then realized something was out of place or didn't fit right!! By then it is an oh well moment!!!LOL
One time I went to clip a thread in a triangle on a hotpad that was all done quilted and everything and I clipped the fabric and created a hole! I can't sell it this way!!!! So I couldn't take it apart without spending a week picking out seams so I made another triangle and ironed the seam allowance under and appliqued it on over the original triangle! It worked and you couldn't tell unless you looked for it!! I appliqued it on with a blind stitch so you couldn't see the thread. Saved that goof! On to the next one right?