View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 07:14 AM
Nancy Ingham

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
Many of our customers are Amish and Mennonite greenhouse growers. In fact, one of our customers is named Sam Yoder, but Samuel and Yoder are very common names among the Amish. A few have become good friends and we look forward to seeing them every year (along with the newest baby!) at the trade show in July.

I'd love the opportunity to spend a day or a weekend on an Amish farm. We've been invited several times, but we've never taken any of them up on it.

I've been following for weeks the story about the break-away Amish group that has been cutting the hair of the married men and women of their former Amish group. I was glad to see that they made 7 arrests last week.
Yes, they truly are a beautiful people! We have lived among the Amish in Shipshewana part time for nearly eight years and have known Sam and Elizabeth all of that time....they are very dear friends. Ron & I plan to retire in Shipshewana hopefully within the year.

You should not pass up an invitation to visit with the Amish, take them up on it!