View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Peckish

Originally Posted by judykay View Post
Can someone please post information as to exactly what the site is and how it works? I read the one post regarding it being a storage unit and it sounds interesting but would like more information as to how it works & why there is a waiting list.

Thanks
I would describe it as an online visual bookmarking site. I can "pin" pictures I see anywhere onto my own board. The pictures are stored there for as long as the picture remains on the original site, and when I want to go back to the original site, I click on the picture that is stored on my board. For instance, if I found a recipe for banana bread, I pin a picture of that project to my board. Pinterest lets me choose which picture if there is more than one on the page. When I decide to make the project, I go to my Pinterest page, click the picture, and it will take me back to the page I was on when I pinned it. You can organize your pins into categories, like recipes, quilts, pretty things to look at, places to visit, etc. You can look at other people's pins and pin them to your board, and other people can look at your board, but they won't see any personal information, just your name and pins. And you can use a pseudonym, if you want.