Old 11-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by inpieces64 View Post
Thank you for the reply, my printer-scanner gives me some choices such as photo file or pdf document or TIFF format. I will do some more trys at this. I understand how to import it but the scanner seems to be my problem.
Basically you just need to scan the fabric and save it on your computer. Where you save it and what size it is is not that important. Changing the resolution and the size is only so you can see the print in your fabric. Once you have your fabric saved on your computer you can use any program to change the file type. that only matters if you have EQ5. I didn't know about the resolution until just recently. I just used my fabric files as is. It didn't show the print as well as I wanted but it worked well enough that I didn't worry about it. I was scanning them at 200 DPI. But I didn't know about pixels or understand all that when I first started scanning.

So as long as you can save a scanned picture on your pc then that is the bottom line of what you need to do to be able to import that pic into your EQ. You can learn to fine tune the picture later. If you have EQ5 then yes you need to save it as a bitmap file.

Let me know if you get it figured out or if you are still having trouble.