Old 11-29-2011, 01:32 PM
weezie

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Sorry for the way things have been working out for you. When I bought my 6600 and was in picking it up, I spoke with a lady who has several machines and she was telling that the 1600 is her favourite "workhorse", though the limitations for the straight stitch only. She has the 6600 and loves it almost as much, and went on about how much I'd love it as the all-purpose part made more sense for my usage. She's a professional seamstress, and the 1600 is where she does most of the wedding gown sewing where she gets bulk and layers all together. So if you love your 1600, you'll love the 6600. And yes, bet with with the new model out, there'll be trades coming in with your name written all over them!
Thank you. I can pretty much roll with the punches (so far!). I was really glad to have the son living here throughout the past year when DH had surgeries and serious complications and spent much time in hosp. & rehab. & recovering. We don't know how we would have managed without the son here. As for the 1600, it is a good machine and I'm feeling more optimistic about learning how to do acceptable FMQ on it (I have the cover plate/darning foot combo. for that). I don't know exactly when I'll sit down to practice again; winter weather is breathing down our necks, so to speak, and I'm struggling to finish a lap quilt for me ASAP (the first quilt I've made just for me). Is it cold yet where you are?