Old 11-30-2011, 09:52 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
The top two cars with the most American parts and finished in America are the Toyota Camry and the honda Accord. Most of the GM and Ford vehicles are about 75% or less American made and Chrsyler is owned by an Italian company. My extended family works in the auto industry and it's a shame to see GM plants that cover a mile square closed because of out sourcing.

On a SM, note: Can one external motor on a vintage e machine be subbed for another? I really don't see how anyone is going to able to get at the connectors on the cord of the Universal and there isn't enough good cord left to splice a new section. I so want to sew on that machine.

Miriam, my children weighed from over 9 pounds down to 5 and a half pounds. They all grew up to be about the same size, though my shortest baby girl is now over 5'10".
I always thought the external motors were the same. Although the external motor on my Singer 201 was for European usage; didn't work here when plugged in, but looked the same as any of my other motors.

My daughter was always 99% in weight and height as a young kid. Doctor told us that she will most likely be very tall, 5'10"ish. She is only 5"2".