Old 11-30-2011, 02:39 PM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
Boy OH Boy! Tink had to go to the vet yesterday...She needed a followup bloodtest and her shots, but it turned into a very expensive day. Tink has very tiny veins and she needs to be put under a bit of gas so that he can do a blood draw...He had to try 2 places before he got those skinny veins. Then, he is cleaning her teeth and sees that she has 2 cracked to the gum line teeth and the one behind it was so bad, the nerve was exposed. SHE NEVER EVEN COMPLAINED ABOUT HER TEETH...He can't believe that she was not having a problem.
So...$568 later...Tink is home and higher than a kite on doggie pain pills and taking her antibiotics. Will get the results from her tests, later in the week.
Good thing I already did most of the shopping for the boys and DDIL....things will have to be a bit leaner for the rest of the list.
I'm so sorry to hear about Tink. What we do for our babies. Gus will get his teeth cleaned at his spring checkup. The vet didn't want to do it last spring because of having had the ACL surgery. He says he doesn't like to give them general anesthesia more than once a year unless it is absolutely necessary. He and the surgery vet both told me Rotties don't do well with anesthesia.
Give Tink a sloppy tongue lick for Heidi and Gus.