View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 04:06 PM
wildyard

I too have fibro and suffered from headaches that didn't respond to any other treatment than medication. They are NOT migraines but they are bad just the same. I take Topamax and that is the only thing that has made a difference for me. I still have a breakthru headache now and then but they are much less severe and shorter than before. Like your daughter, I constantly battle trigger points and tight muscles, to the point of having bent the needle of a trigger point injection and required a bigger needle to get the job done. I've also had a muscle spasm pull a rib out of allignment. Moist heat is very helpful. I have completed a program called "Living Well With Pain" and learned many helpful pain management tools that I depend on heavily. A positive attitude is the best tool you can have!! That and owning the pain as part of you and not something outside of yourself that is attacking you and making you it's victim! If you feel like the victim you take away your power to manage your pain. If you don't manage your pain, it will take over you and your life. And don't let ANYONE tell you to do something that you know in your gut is wrong for you. Exercise is essential, but when you know you need to stop, then stop, no matter how long you are "supposed" to go on. Take a relax break. We do tense up those muscles when they are hurting us.
Hugggggggs and smilesssssss for all, life is a challenge for everyone, we are not alone in this!