View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 03:07 AM
Tropical

I had weekly acupuncture treatments for allergies one summer. They did nothing for my allergies, but a benefit was that it did wonders for my fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. Then my insurance company refused to continue to pay for the treatments. I am medically retired and my husband has incurable cancer so we can't afford acupuncture on our senior income. If your daughter can afford it or her insurance will cover the cost, it might be something she can try.

My oldest son was just diagnosed with both fibro and arthritis, along with restless leg syndrome (I have that, too) and his medication is causing him to gain weight and not feel well. He wants to try natural remedies because like me, medications cause severe side effects. We both get severe headaches and migraines.
Most often, I continue to work through my pain, but lately, I find that I just can't keep up with the dusting and vacuuming. Sometimes I just don't know where my day has gone because it is over and I have accomplished nothing. My DH is wonderful and always pitches in and helps and never complains about anything. Sometimes I just want to cry because he is fighting cancer and he still takes such good care of me. We take care of each other and try to laugh a lot. We hug a lot, too. We use the treadmill daily now that it is colder and our beach walks are out for a while. We drink our daily water requirements. We also talk about our conditions and Praise God for our blessings. I will include all of you with fibromyalgia in my prayers so that each of you can continue to deal with both the physical and emotional pain of this condition. I feel that this forum has been a blessing because when I can't sleep (Chronic Fatigue and insomnia) I can come here and visit with all of the wonderful members.