View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 04:31 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by momto4 View Post
I was doing a pattern where I needed to sew together jelly roll strips and with my lack of sleep I forgot to take out the pieces for the borders and in between the blocks. I instead sewed ALL of the strips together. This is going to take me FOREVER!! I was so happy when I sewed the last set together and about 30 seconds later had an OMG what did I do moment. I was adjusting to take it from a twin to king as well so I need to rip the stitches out of about 40 sets of strips. I know it was from the lack of sleep but this is the biggest mistake I have made so far in my quilting "career" Oh man!!! :*(
Where is it written that you have to use those strips for your border. I don't! I sew all the strips together, remembering to cut 18" off the first strip and then when it is all put together, I decide what I want for my border, which is solid. You didn't do anything wrong at all. It isn't a mistake at all! You are doing just fine. Besides, I would rather have a wider longer quilt with my own decision for what my border is going to be anyhow. Don't worry about it. I have one ready to tie down and I love it with my own border. Hey, it is not worth getting your knickers in a knot about. We don't make mistakes!!! Edie