Old 12-01-2011, 05:42 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Nancy, I have a Sew Handy that my sister used as a kid. I just need to get a needle for it. Here is a photo of it:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]292072[/ATTACH]
Geeze, Monica I love it - you have a 'sort of' Godzilla finish on your Sew Handy! I have been researching these little jewels all morning. I found out that they were made between 1910 and 1950's - then resurrected in the late 1970's for a short time. The 1970's models were bigger with the moving parts inclosed, which means my machine is from somewhere between 1926 (when the threading numbers were stamped on the machine) to the 1950's! They sure are cute little things! They were made at the Elizabeth factory in New Jersey and sold as a toy for young people to learn to sew with - in the beginning! Later on, they were sold as adult light portable machines as well as for toys.

These machine are so tiny! I am going to order some needles. I can't stand it when I don't have needles for my machines! I am lucky, though, there is one needle in the machine! Maybe, I will find the original clamp too!

I love it when I get a new vintage!

Oh and THANK you again Charlee for sending me a copy of the manual!

Nancy

Actually, Moncia do you know the age of your machine? It could be one of the 1970s due to the color, which would make it more desirable as a collectable because there are fewer of those machines around?

Last edited by BoJangles; 12-01-2011 at 05:51 AM.