View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 09:26 AM
MadQuilter
Power Poster

I was born in Germany to an unwed teenage mother (which was a bad thing in the '50s) and my dad was a US soldier. Needless to say Mom wasn't too happy when I met "my" soldier at the tender age of 15. Pat and I married when I was 18 and we are still happy together.
In my first life I was a Kindergarten teacher. Go figure since I don't really like kids that much - lol. I've since switched to electromechanical drafting, management, and now project management.
Once I played on Elvis' guitar and I'm pretty sure that he turned in his grave.
I am an arachnophobe and seeing a spider makes me squeal (not in delight) which brings my hubby running. (He recognizes my "spider voice")
Stress is my enemy and I have lots of issues due to stress. Recently I found myself in a very dark period and I killed Sunbonnet Sue to work through my issues. My family was getting worried about my "dark thoughts" which surprised me, because my reading/movie interests have always leaned to the offbeat and macabre. (I guess I don't have to mention here that I have a whacky humor coz you all know that already)