View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 12:02 PM
frannella

Originally Posted by SandyQuilter View Post
I know some of us are beginning the quilt. I still cannot find the book--gone so far as Canada--Amazon, but they are selling the CD rather than the book as posted. Got the nicest phone call from Copperfield's Book in Manitoba and he's looking for me. Oh, one of my students had the book, so I've that available.

Anyway, I purchased online a tone on tone soft green for the background--just too tired of backgrounds that are done in off white/neutrals and have the master pattern laid on several blocks. Since I work on more than one project at a time, no telling when I'll get done, but can help answer questions if you hit a snag.

I promised to send photos on how to needleturn points (all those leaves) and will do so ASAP.

And the CD is available from the publisher for about $11: American Quilter's Society (www.americanquilter.com). It has the patterns, photos of each block and a great photo of the entire quilt. No quilt top layout or assembly of the top, however. If you need these, let me know.
SandyQuilter

I just checked and ABEBooks.com (online seller of new and used books) is listing 3 vendors who want ridiculous prices ($90-$158) for the book, but there's at least 3 used copies of it out there. I lucked out and was able to purchase from Amazon when this thread first started 2 weeks ago. Still overpaid but not by quite so high a margin. I also have the CD and believe it is just as serviceable as the book. Had I realized that beforehand, I probably would not have sought out the book. Good luck with your ambitious undertaking and please keep us posted on your progress! I want to do one of these one of these days but not in the near future.