View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 02:38 PM
ptquilts

Originally Posted by DJRustic View Post
My DH got on line & was checking our credit score. Don't know why he did this as we owe no one, home, car,trucks everything is pd for. On his chg card the next billing were charges for $1.00 & $29.95. Had him call & it was for the FREE credit check. He had signed up for a yr @ $29.95 per month to be able to check his credit. What a scam. They would only refund the $1.00. I have such a time with him on that computer. He is always signing up for free stuff & going into sites that we get tons of email. I had gotten him his own lap top last yr for Xmas, now I wish I hadn't. I am going to have to go in & lock him out of alot of sites. He is worse then a kid on this thing.
Well worth repeating that "Freecreditreport.com" is NOT FREE. (the one with the ads on TV). If you want the free credit scores that you are entitled to once a year, go to "annualcreditreport.com". This allows you to get a free copy from the three credit unions. Request one every 4 months for good coverage throughout the year.