View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 06:04 PM
greenini

Originally Posted by IBQLTN View Post
when my insurance benefits ran out. I am now one of the uninsured, uninsurables who has to live with the pain. I dream about days when I could stay home and rest the fibro but we need to eat, so off to work I go because my job has no benefits, no sick time, no insurance. I'm counting the down the seven years, twenty-five days until I hit 66 and can receive medicare and social security benefits ... if there is such a thing by then.
I am really sorry you have no health care. it shouldn't be like that in one of the wealthiest countries in the world.
Unless the politicians in office or who are elected mess with things pretty badly, it and Social Security will be there to pay out at least 75% of what you should have gotten for a good many years. There truly isn't much of a crisis if the money that has been taken out of the SS fund and is now in US bonds in the general fund is returned to the SS fund! The fear mongers want SS and Medicare to go away so part of their campaign is to say things that aren't true. I think you might be ok, I forget when the lack of money hits, but last estimate I saw was at least 20 or 25 years from now and if they make a few tweaks like fully taxing all income, that might be enough to put it back on track.