Old 12-01-2011, 07:48 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by mpeters1200 View Post
Ok. I can try it without the foot, I have some spare fabric I can play with.

As far as the generic or vintage foot. I know it's not a vintage foot since it looks just like the one for my modern Janome. It doesn't look anything like the penguin or any of the older attachments I've seen. I've quilted 3 others on the same system with no problems. I kept the box the foot came in. It doesn't say much. It's a plain white box that says Walking Foot in English, French and Spanish. Then there is a picture of it and it says "contents, 1 piece". Does this help?

So you can see them.
Even though the walking foot is new that doesn't matter. What is important is that the feet on the walking foot need to line up with your feed dogs on your machine. The walking foot needs to line up with the feed dogs to carry the fabric evenly though together. Top fabric must move along with bottom fabric at same rate.

The term generic is used to state it will work on most (modern) machines, doesn't mean all.
I had a generic foot that I used on a Janome TB30 that I had problems with. I then purchased the correct walking foot for that machine and problem was gone.

Sew Classic sells a walking foot for vintage Singers, just make sure it is the correct one for your Singer 66.