View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 09:34 PM
NanaCsews2

My favorite are Kay Dee Designs. They are white, thick and embroider beautifully. I checked online and they are at Mainstreet-store.com. Comparable, and excellent flour sack towels are sold at Hobby Lobby and Hancock Fabrics. They are Aunt Martha Premium (130 thread count). They are 'wrinkly', and not everyone likes that, but they do iron out very nicely. I just made 14 towels for gifts, and every stitch came out as I expected. These are tough towels, hemmed, and have a hanging tab in one corner. With 40% off coupon for both places, I have been getting them for about $2 each towel. Very reasonable for excellent quality towels.
I will add I purchased 10 pkgs (The white ones. I needed to get them done quickly so I purchased all at once hoping they were the good ones.) from Blain's Fleet Farm and returned every one of them. Too thin. The count should be at minimum 130 (which makes a premium towel). They are cheaper there, but I will pay a tad more for quality. If you are hand-embroidering, they may be ok. For machine embroidery-I personally won't embroider on anything less than premium towels.

Last edited by NanaCsews2; 12-01-2011 at 09:38 PM.