View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 05:39 AM
veryvirginia

I have suffered with depression since having my thyroid removed years ago. Holidays are hard on some people and depression doesn't help. My suggestions is to light a candle or two or three(you get the idea), add some music you enjoy, maybe a little chocolate (okay, any excuse for chocolate) and lots of light will many times get me in the mood to do something even if I just sit at the machine of choice and sew on a scrap of fabric. Another depression buster is to visit your nearest fabric/quilt store and see all the beautiful spring fabrics just calling your name and something new (table runner, quilt, wallhanging, mug rug?) for when the daffodils start peeking through the snow. (Okay again, that fabric is calling my name but you know what I mean). Do Not stay away from the people who care about you, now is the time to call a friend over for friendship, encouragement, food (my preference--oh well you know my preference already) and maybe do something together to get you in the mood. Hope this helps.