Old 02-15-2007, 05:53 AM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

Originally Posted by Yvonne
Nothing ventured, nothing gained! It was worth a try. Who knew? It might have worked. I know what you mean about wanting to do it right now!!! It boils down to "How bad do I want to do it? Am I willing to go to the store?" Often my answer is a resounding "NO!"

I think you're mighty brave to be running fabric through the printer. I know many have done it (my sister included) but I'm chicken!

Have fun when you do get your freezer paper.

(Wax paper is good for melting pieces of crayone between! First grade teacher talking now!)
How bad I want to make something when I don't have the materials is usually where I have to get really creative. I live 8 miles from a 2-lane road! (no, we're not on a dirt road-LOL!) Then, the store is about 10 miles from there...that's Kroger. Wal-Mart is a different story. It takes about 45 minutes to get there and about 40 miles one-way. The roads are curvy around here!
To get to a craft store such as AC Moore or Michael's...well, we're talking about a 1.5 hour drive.

I've yet to try the POF. Maybe soon.

The crayon/wax paper idea is fun. I remember doing that when I was a kid. I think we gathered some fall leaves and put in there, too.