View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 12:48 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

After my journey with you all on the FWSQ, I am ready to saddle up the "pony" and ride the trail in good company again. Its making me feel a bit old; it has me looking for my first parade picture on my pony some 63 years ago. Wow!! how time can fly. Yes, I have other projects going, and finishing my FWQ slashing so I can get it basted on a long arm across the road from my house. Then I can hand quilt the blocks or sew it on my machine. What a wonderful idea I found on the QB that was an answer to the question I did not ask.

Yes, the FWQ had me going in circles and was a challenge; but with the help of QB members doing it at the same time, the journey was fun and I learned many new things. "Y" seams are a challenge, but who really wants the same old, same old thing that you already know? I am collecting fabric in a box, thinking about the whole plan, and love, love, love the Pony Quilt book. Love the stories, love how she had done her patterns and Yes, I would recommend it for the stories alone. The patterns are an extra bonus. And I am ready to hear about her next book...