View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 10:31 AM
sew cornie

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Originally Posted by sew cornie
I'm working on the same pattern right now. Except my geese are flying the opposite direction. This means the only place where points meet up is at the center of the block. All other points meet at the bottom center of the next goose. I think my seams are pressed the same as yours. I was pressing toward the dark, but like you said, the seam at the bottom naturally wants to go toward the goose. With this layout it's been very smooth.

Anyhooo, by pressing the seams open, it looks like you've found a great solution. :) Good luck with the rest of your blocks!

Jen
Great block! Glad to hear that you've had the same positive experience that I'm having. :) Sure makes a difference. Is your blocks called "Mosaic", too?
Only difference I can see in your pressing, is maybe that you've left the center seams pressed to the side. Hard to see this early in the am, lol. Have fun with yours, too. Thanks so much for sharing your blocks, too.
I've seen it called Flying Dutchman or Dutchman's Puzzle. Haven't heard of Mosaic, but maybe that's the difference in the direction they're flying? I'll have to look it up. Now I'm curious .:wink:

Would love to see your finished quilt when it's done! Happy flying!!