Old 12-02-2011, 08:40 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Thanks for all the kind words, Ladies .... and for thinking ahead to my next question about the sashing, cornerstones, etc!

ITA with OKSGlad that there is a benefit to the cornerstones to help keep all nice and square and flat. I haven't messed with little pieces yet to audition them, but at least now I can leave it up and keep looking at it. Got another block done tonight, so now there's 76 with 35 to go!

Cornerstones .... 2nd green ... are you thinking the other more speckled on in the background? What about the light/brighter green that's the background for the block between the Corn and Beans and the Basketweave one on the right and side? I had thought before about using a cream/white with metallic gold on it.

Another question .... I noted that most have kept with the original pattern that their sashing is the same as their outside border. I haven't done full measuring, but am pretty sure I will not have enough to use it for both. What would you do? Do you think I really should keep it matched up (which means I buy new fabric)? Or do you think I could live on the edge and figure something out later?

Here's another way you can help me ..... what do you think of colours? What colours do you think I should try to get more of worked into the next blocks? Or which ones should I ease off on? I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking it's becoming too much of a jumble and I may have ruined it. So please, I need your help and advice on this!!!

Thanks, one and all ... I very much appreciate your suggestions and ideas!!

Last edited by QuiltE; 12-02-2011 at 08:43 PM.