View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 01:10 PM
zyxquilts

I've belonged to the same guild since 1996!
I don't think I've ever heard any of our members go into quiltzilla mode, or if they do, they're not at the meeting! lol
Like others have said, we have a short business meeting, with show & tell (one of my favorite parts!), door prizes, block of the month, etc., then a short break for all the goodies the members who have a b'day that month have brought, then a program with a speaker usually. We also have a good sized lending library & always quilt mags & books for sale as well. Often, on the Saturday following the meeting, our speakers will also do a workshop (for a fee, usually only about $25). We also have members who do workshops for us as well & those sometimes only cost us $5 !! What a bargain! This month we are having a potluck - and boy are our members great cooks! And in December we have a catered dinner (the guild pays part & we pay part) and a party - many members donate items - small quilts, fabric, tops, ornaments - one member paints beautiful gourd birdhouses & always gives several! - and we buy tickets to put into cans with the # of the items we would like to win. We eat & share & laugh & have a great time!!
We have a quilt show every other year also - our next one is the first weekend of May 2010 - Come on out for it!! :D
So, I vote YES!!! Join the guild!