Thread: Do you remember
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 06:53 AM
EagarBeez

I was about 6yrs old, it was Halloween, I remember the costume she made for me. I was a pilgram. That was very special to me, I remember that as if it were yesterday. My mother made my sisters and I clothes now and then. My grandmother who lived next door (2 family house) was always crocheting, tatting, making pillow cases. She made all her own dresses (without a pattern). I spent a lot of time over at grandma and grandpa's. It wasn't till I was a little older around 12. Grandma and Grandpa moved to Florida. When visiting one year, I saw a crocheted poncho in the back of a tv guide. Grandma taught me basic crochet stitches. I made a beautiful poncho on the first try. I love working with my hands and being creative. I took home ec. in high school, half of the term was cooking, the other half sewing. End of the term, we had to make an outfit for the final. I picked a simple pattern and mom and I picked out nice fabric. In my class, I was able to pin the pattern, cut it. Came to putting in the zipper, I got frustrated. Mom to the rescue. I got an A on the project. When the teacher bumped into my mother, she said, your daughter did a great job, and quite lucky having a mom help her out.
Here I am dabbling here and there doing needpoint, macrame, crocheting...now quilting...the bug has bit, and won't let go