View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Butterflyblue

Default Hot Air Balloon Block Swap Baby Quilt

This top is from blocks I recieved in the 2010 Hot Air Balloon Block Swap. I had been saving them and now that I have a baby due, and wanted a bright, unisex color nursery, I found the perfect theme for the nursery and use for the blocks. I will not be putting the quilt in the crib until the baby is older but until then I'll hang it on a quilt rack my grandpa made me, and using it for a floor play mat. I really love how all of the blocks are different but still go together. And do you know how hard it is to find anything for babies that is bright, not pink, pastel blue, pastel green, or yellow?

Of the swaps I've entered, I think I was most happy with what I recieved from the Hot Air Balloon swap. I love balloons and the colors and workmanship of everything I got back was really wonderful. I ended up not using three of the blocks in this quilt, because their colors didn't go with the others quite as well, but they were still cute, and I'll probably work them into a children's charity quilt.

The idea for the setting/sashing came from the Quiltmaker 100 Blocks issue from last year. I like how it isn't as static as the usual straight sashing I've been using, and it worked really well with these blocks.
Attached Thumbnails balloon-swap-quilt.jpg