View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 10:14 AM
May in Jersey

Originally Posted by babindg12200 View Post
What if you don't have family nearby? All my family live very far away. So I can understand when people say it's a sad time for them.
I feel the same way. I don't even want to decorate for Xmas. I just think of all the stuff I would have to take down. LOL We are going to have a very very small tree this year. Nothing special. Bah Humbug!
A few years ago I felt like you due to some unresolved family problems. On Christmas Eve DH and I took a trip into the city, walked around and admired the decorations, stop in at St. Patrick's to say a prayer and ended up in Branyt Park watching the ice skaters and enjoying a free cup of coffee. What a refreshing day it was for me, I felt like I was in a Christmas movie. You may not live near a big city but maybe there is a church or library putting on a Christmas show for free or a small donation that you could attend. One day this month I going to the Soul Kitchen restaurant that Jon Bon Goivi and his wife started, you eat for free if you can't afford it but we'll be leaving an evelope with a donation - something to Pay It Forward for DH and I. May in Jersey