Thread: Paper Piecing
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 03:38 PM
CindyBee

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Originally Posted by CindyBee
Funny you should mention this topic as today I just ordered a couple of quilting books from Amazon and one of them uses the no sewing method of paper piecing. It's a book by Judy Mathieson called Mariner's Compass Quilts: Setting a New Course. I can't wait to receive it and learn about this method!
CindyBee you will love this book! I got it last year and drooled over it for a couple of months reading the directions, looking at the beautiful quilts pictured and drafting a few of my own compasses, then I put that bad boy to work. At first, when I read the directions I wasn't sure I would like this method but figured what the heck, give it a shot, if I don't like it I can always do it tradtional paper peicing. I designed my first mariners compass quilt using some of her patterns and modified some and it came out gorgeous and pieced together in no time. Every point is crisp and sharp. Now it is all sandwiched together waiting to be quilted. It finished off at 90" x 90". You will have so much fun with this book. When it's not in my sewing room it is on my nightstand. I can't get enough at looking at the quilts. Sure hope you get it fast.
I can't wait to see your quilt! I'm glad you're giving this book a good review. Amazon gave lot's of good reviews too. Maybe you should give us a teeny tiny sneak peak being as it's sandwiched and everything (hint, hint), LOL