Old 12-03-2011, 12:16 PM
selm

Originally Posted by Deb watkins View Post
I found quite a few in JoAnn's, and surprisingly at Wal-Mart as well. They seemed to be pricey to me - just about $15, but they were 40% off at each store, so I was okay with that. My gd received an American Doll for her birthday - have several fabrics laid out, just need to cut and sew....as well as two quilts to finish....all before Christmas. Better get the sewing machine humming!! Working 2nd shift now has put a little cramp in my daily routine.
Watch for sales at Joann's when the patterns are $1 - $1.99 each. Both Simplicity and McCall's go on sale regularly.
Measure the doll against the patterns. I bought a Springfield 18" doll and found its measurements were different(smaller) than the AG doll my granddaughter had. The clothes fit the AG doll but snuggly. I found a chart for doll measurements here http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting...doll-sizes.htm. Very handy.
The Springfield 18" doll(sold at AC Moore & Joann's) is not on the chart. I had to measure and write it's measurements to compare with others on the chart. I like having the Springfield doll as a model and I did'nt have to pay a lot like with the AG doll.

Last edited by selm; 12-03-2011 at 12:24 PM.