Thread: Do you remember
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 03:14 PM
patimint

I remember my mom sewing when I was quite young. I remember sitting on the dinning room floor (her sewing area) and playing in the buttons. I also remember coming home from school for lunch (no hot lunch programs then) and her shoving things in drawers of the sewing machine cabnet saying " oh, is it lunch time already". I wondered how she could forget lunchtime (I wasn't a sewer then). Of course the things she stuffed in the drawers were new pajamas, doll dresses, new dresses for us girls, ect for Christmas. I think half of her live was spent at the sewing machine. When she got Alzhiemers, she called me one evening to ask how to put a quilt onto the frame. I told her, but after we hung up, I cried all night knowing that my "mommy" was leaving me. She never did get to finish the quilt, she was put in a nursing home shortly after that call. My sister finished the quilt for her granddaughter's wedding that Mom was making in for. Sorry this is so long. Guess I should never answer a "do you remember" question.