Old 12-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Eddie

Default A quilt shop quandary...what would you do?

Attached is a pic of a section of a fat quarter that I bought at a quilt shop (not immediately local). As you can see, there are several defects in it: (1) that darker streak down the left side of it, and (2) even worse there are vertical whitish streaks over the entire left side of the fabric and part of the right. The only usable section is about an 8" swath through the FQ. When I unfolded it, the section showing on the outside of the FQ was the good usable section. So here's the quandary - should I tell the shop owner where I bought it? I feel 100% sure the shop owner did NOT do this, I feel is was probably one of her girls in the shop who didn't care or was simply working too quickly to pay attention. And then I also wondered if LQS's buy pre-cut FQs from distributors? I believe this is a Jo Morton line, so is major name-brand.

I don't care about the money spent for it, small amount, but if a shop does this regularly then they'll lose customers, and I really, really, REALLY like this shop and don't want to see them go under due to stuff like this.

What would you do?

Attached Thumbnails fabric_01.jpg   fabric_03.jpg   fabric_04.jpg