Old 12-04-2011, 09:43 AM
greenini

Default Backing question: material is 180x52, quilt top is 90x96: adding xtra for shifting ..

Backing question: material is 180x52, quilt top is 90x96: adding xtra for shifting ..and since I've never tried to machine quilt this big with a DSM, I was thinking about adding 8"...first off should I go for less added material? I was thinking about an 8" adder so it would make the backing need to be 98x104. In which case I also have a strip of strips (max 10.5 inches, but I could cut some more, without the purple which I'm out of) not cut yet from the top and was thinking about maybe running a strip along each end....could someone whose brain isn't fried draw me a quick drawing of what my options are and how they'd look? This is BTW the oldest of my UFO's and and I'm thinking the person getting it would like to get it this x-mas since I promised it to him 4 yrs or more ago!

'm going to try to load pix so bear with me..thanks
Attached Thumbnails trip-around-world-001-small-.jpg   trip-around-world-002-small-.jpg   trip-around-world-003-small-.jpg   trip-around-world-004-small-.jpg  

Last edited by greenini; 12-04-2011 at 09:58 AM.