Thread: Fabric Find
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Stitching4Fun

DMcWilliams.....

No the auction is not in someone's home or business. It is an auction that people from all over come to. Some bring what they have instead of doing a yard sale and it just gets auctioned off. It could have been from an estate. There are all sorts of things at these auctions.....antiques, lawn mowers, old tools, clothes baskets......you name it, it is there. It is held in this area every wednesday. I don't go all the time, but would love to have some of the things they have there.

I have only been a few times, but that was the first time I have seen fabric there. What you pay is determined by how many people are there looking for that stuff. I got the sewing machine with cabinet for just $10 and that was a steal. I also got 6 huge laundry basket of wicker and they are nice and sturdy. along with them I got an outdoor wooden park bench for the yard. And I got the baskets and the bench for just $10... another steal.

I reupholster furniture and was bidding on some hose reels (3 of them) and I got them for just $10 along with alot of other things. I got a really nice wingback chair and a sofa with that lot.....and you guessed it, all for just $10. I wasn't really wanting the sofa and chair, but it is really nice furniture and since I do upholstery anyway, it was a great deal.

Barb