View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 05:18 AM
AnnR

Hi 6sWolcott, I think the best advice is to grow your equipment by purchasing items as you find a need for them. It will spread the costs out over time, and you won't spend your money on equipment you don't need. You have already purchased your rotary cutter, mat, scissors, etc, all very necessary. I would also add an iron and ironing board unless you already have those items. Your dining table should make a fine work table. And, of course, your sewing machine. You will need some sort of storage...rolling drawers, or the buffet in your diningroom, an old dresser from your childrens' rooms, etc are all good ones to get started. When you've been quilting for a while, you will know better what you want and need that will suit your style and your available space. If your husband is handy with tools, he will be your greatest asset...He'll be your greatest asset even if he isn't handy with tools! My husband has built shelves, installed a design wall, built a motorized work table that raises and lowers with the touch of a button, etc...as my wants and needs and our houses have changed over the years. You have the wonderful adventure of quilting to enrich your life for many years. Enjoy! We're glad to have you here with us.

Last edited by AnnR; 12-05-2011 at 05:32 AM.