View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 09:55 AM
diannemc

Red face The lost thread....and screwdriver...

I went the other day and bought a new spool of thread to do some FMQ on a quilt ...It got home with me and I remember picking it up off the table along with my screwdriver I use with my sewing machine!!! Later when I went to get it to wind some bobbins to to get ready to quilt I could not find it! I looked everywhere! In my sewing room, kitchen, in all the garbage cans, and yes even in the freeze and refrigerator!!! No where to be found! I gave up after 2 hours of looking. Decided to just go back to store and get another..but really hated losing my favorite screwdriver! I knew wherever they were they were together! I waited till DH left for work then took off to the store to get another spool. As I was pulling out of our subdivison low and behold there was my spool of thread in the middle of the road! I was so confussed! I just sat there wondering how on earth did it get there!! I was really beginning to worry about myself... Then thank goodness I remembered ! I had gone outside late yesterday to get the cat in because a pit bull was chasing him. I had layed it on the back of DH's truck so I could pick him up and I ran back inside..I was so upset with the dog in the yard I just forgot I had them...Of course the thread had been run over and squashed so had to go get more..when I went up the road a bit there was my screwdriver!!! On the way back I stopped and picked them both up.. Had to unwind some of the dirty thread but think I will can be used for piecing blocks..Would have loved to have seen my face when I saw that thread in the road...