View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Stitchit123

Originally Posted by CarolynW View Post
I made a bad mistake the night before Thanksgiving when I was preparing my chicken and dressing. You're supposed to put the dishes you use less often on the top shelves, right? Well, I had two large Corning baking dishes on the top shelf of my cabinets. The bottom one was in a metal carrier. Unknown to me, my husband had placed a smaller baking dish inside of them making them heavier. As I took them down, I don't know if my arms gave way, if they slid forward, or just how the accident happened, but all three fell onto my counter top and broke, along with a glass butter dish. After the mess was cleaned up I cried. I don't believe Corning makes these anymore. I found one on eBay for $35, but the others I don't expect to find. I wish I didn't get sentimental about "stuff" but they were nearly 30 years old and I thought of all the holiday dinners that had been served in them. Plus I wanted to pass them on to my daughter. I had to bake my dressing in two smaller dishes and it just wasn't the same.
I had this happen a few yrs ago-all 6 pyrex mixing bowls broke while moving and was able to replace them for $12 at a Salvation Army store-I love the 2nd hand stores