Old 12-05-2011, 02:20 PM
btiny36

Default What I did with 2 jelly rolls from Walmart but need help borders

Hi Everyone,
Here is what I did with the 2 jelly rolls I purchased at Walmart. There is only 20 strips in a roll, but for this quilt, you will have strips over for sure...These strips were sooooooo unruly. They were not cut properly and I had to trim each step of every piece I sewed together, but it still went together really fast. The borders that are included in the pattern are from left over strips. I didn't like my selection of strips that were left over, so going to do solid borders. This pattern was designed by Elisa Wilson of Elisa's Backporch Design and you can find the free pattern here it is 56x56 inches http://www.hoffmanfabrics.com/conten...asp?FolderID=7 just scroll down to Bali Love Song. She used batiks of course....but these silly jelly rolls from Walmart kept falling out of my cupboard...So here is the top. I'm putting a chocolate border on first 2 1/2" then the outside border will be 4 1/2". Which one would you choose
Attached Thumbnails imag0274%5B1%5D.jpg   imag0277%5B1%5D.jpg   imag0278%5B1%5D.jpg  

Last edited by btiny36; 12-05-2011 at 02:27 PM.