View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 04:46 PM
wordpaintervs

Thumbs up re: cutting out dolls

Originally Posted by HappyCat View Post
Hi Vickey - This is a wonderful mission you have - the dolls are delightful and such a noble cause. In one of the posts, you mentioned attending church. I was wondering if the members of your church would be willing to help you with some of the cutting out and/or stuffing? You mentioned those parts were not your favorite. Actually, many churches have some form of community service groups - perhaps you could get a group started to help you with your work.

I have some materials for you to use, if you care to pm me your info. I would be happy to do some cutting parts for you, then ship them to you too. I'm no great seamstress, but I do a good job of cutting and some basic stitching.
getting old and hadn't noticed this posting. I can always use doll bodies when someone is up to cutting them out. I use fabrics of different cultures in an effort to please, but the lady from the local cancer place said the 'kids don't care" and i say "Good for the kids". I'd be happy to send you a boy and girl doll body pattern, if you are sure you have time to do that, and if there is fabric you can spare. I can't afford to mail fabric as all my work is free and I am dependant on others to help me get it done. Just PM me please, if you are interested, and I am sorry for the delay.

My church is small, and they know I do this, and only one has ever offered to help and that was with some postage once and some fabric from 3 ladies
. I also teach a knit and crochet class for the church once a week that is very basic. Thanks for your reply.
Vickey Stamps

Last edited by wordpaintervs; 12-05-2011 at 04:51 PM.