Old 12-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Candace

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl View Post
Thank you! That is good to know since I want it to be my "go-to" machine for FMQ. Just talked to my brother & we are going to go look at it tomorrow (he is my body guard whenever I go to look at something on CL )
Cool. But, likely it won't be able to drop the feed dogs. Not that this is a deal breaker. My Morse and 185 don't drop their feed dogs and I can still FMQ with them. Yes, having the feed dogs drop is better, but the harp space is very important too.

My opinion about the Goodwill site....I've never seen a machine go for what you can get it locally! The machines go for way more than they're worth, usually. The shipping is a huge amount of the costs..and you can't return if there's a problem and they're typically not tested except to say it powers on. Big deal, that doesn't mean it sews. At least with ebay there's recourse if the machine doesn't work. I know Goodwill is a great cause, but I would only buy there if there were NO ebay and NO Craigslist(locally). If I had a friend picking up the machine who could check it out for me, that would be something I may consider. But, any machine I've ever even looked twice at the Goodwill site goes way over what it should really sell for.

Last edited by Candace; 12-05-2011 at 05:49 PM.