View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 07:45 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
Vintagemotif: Very nice! A QAYG is on my to-do list. Did you piece the blocks and then quilt them to the backing and batting pieces? I've seen some that are more sew-and-flip, but yours doesn't look like that.
I followed this lady's tutorial, just my own pattern. http://www.thequiltingedge.com/searc...20the%20Blocks
I pieced three rows of the large half squares together, then sandwiched with batting and back, and quilted that first to form a section. Then I attached two sections following her method of joining, the use of a front and back strips that are filled with a strip of batting, and then quilted over with a straight stitch. After the center area of the large half squares were joined, I then followed the same method to join the finished quilted borders. The white strips on the back (brown fabric side) are the locations of the joining strips. In the center front of the quilt, the joining strips are pink. I just pin basted the section that I was quilting instead of using the spray baste stuff.