Thread: Mystery Machine
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 08:33 AM
quiltgal

Originally Posted by quilterella View Post
I had the pleasure of house/dog/fish sitting at my DF & DSM this past weekend. I did take along all the sewing stuff required for a 3 day self-inflicted retreat. My friend promised to stop by on Friday & Saturday to sew with me, so I wouldn't be lonesome. My brother also said he would swing by for coffee (Last year he got a old fish tank from me foir his turtles and told me to come to his place some time that he had a machine in a box that I was welcome to). Well, like everything else, time went by and both of us forgot about it. My DB brought the machine in the box with him when he came for coffee as he was using it for a doorstop.
OMG! OMG...could it be...
It is a smelly black case, not a box...MEN!
It turns out to be a Singer 221K, Serial # E? 598499

The drool is dripping off the corner of my mouth, and I hestitantly ask hime "How much?" Now you have to remember, times are tough and neither of us can afford extra money right now (simply because it isn't there)
He looks at me and says...are you ready...It's yours...Happy Birthday Sis.

She is a little treasure for sure. She came with oodles and oodles of bobbins, but no manual and no attachments. I downloaded the manual and over the next little while, I will surf the net, looking for attachments.
You are lucky! Always good to have another person added to the Featherweight club!
Please check my website: www.thequiltgal.com. Thanks!