Old 12-06-2011, 10:09 AM
oakdryad5

Thanks y'all for the tips regarding the fabric for applique. i do have some rit dye handy, and I can also leave a few scraps in a sunny window and see if i can get some results there. gosh i really do want to wash it but its quite cold here right now. i live in central Texas--we have been in drought conditions but its been rainy the past few days. once it dries out and we get some more consistent sunny days i can attempt a wash and dry--does it have to be very warm out? i anticipate we'll get some 50- 60 degree days or something like that coming up, sunny all day. i could probably do the washing part the day before and let it drain in a tub overnight and start in the morning to dry it out. what do yall think?

p.s. the repairs ive done so far are very minimal. i took off some of the extra binding to use as patching fabric for some small holes and i've sewn closed a few small areas that were coming undone. i have another true cutter quilt coming from ebay soon, and i may be able to use the backing (its a faded floral print) for some repairs so i'm waiting for that anyways. too bad i didn't get this project during the heat of our summer this year, bone dry, stuck indoors, full sun for weeks...would have made this so much easier!