View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 11:03 AM
urgodschild2

Default Hello from So. Cal

Hi there,
I guess I should introduce myself as I have been posting comments to different threads. I am Barb and I live right near Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm in Southern CA. I hate living in So. CA. as it is like an Asphalt jungle. The weather is great but the traffic and congestion and too many people and not enough trees wears on me. I just returned from a three year stay in MA. and I want to go back. It is lush and green and you actually get 4 seasons. I love that. I know that is not for everyone but I love it.
For now I had to return to my home in CA. and wait for the market to go up (if ever) so I can sell this place and move back east. In the meantime, I am keeping myself happy quilting. I started quilting a long time ago but honestly I am still a newbie. The last quilt I made was the wedding ring quilt for my daughter's wedding 8 years ago. I attend a class here and there is so much I do not know about quilting. I love learning. I piece by machine and quilt by hand. Being retired and on a fixed income limits me from paying to have my quilts machine done. But I enjoy the hand quilting so it is not a problem.
My biggest project that is still in the thinking mode is restoring my grandma's old quilt that she made when she was 10 years old. (1904). It just amazes me the tiny little squares in it.
I quess I have said enough about me. Hope I didn't bore anyone.